When a homebuyer is looking into homeowner’s insurance, they often ask their realtor to fill in the gaps of their knowledge. Even a seasoned agent might not be able to answer these questions correctly or appropriately. This course aims to give the realtor a basic understanding of common homeowner’s insurance types, coverages, and deductibles. Expanding on their knowledge, the realtor will learn the appropriate answers to the most asked questions by buyers and sellers, including finding the best insurance company or agent.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Explain how home insurance can help or hurt your closing
- Understand the different coverages with a homeowner’s policy
- Define deductible and explain how it relates to insurance
- List optional coverages that are available alongside a basic homeowner’s policy
- Describe certain hazards that are covered, as well as what could hold up a closing
Upon completing the registration for this course, you will receive a personalized link to access the online course. If you do not receive the confirmation email containing the link, please contact us and we will resend it to you.
Important Notice: To receive continuing education credits for this course, you must be in the meeting room on time and you must stay in the meeting room until the course has ended. If you arrive late, or leave early, you will not receive credit.
1.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
Price: FREE (No Fee)
Having fully met the requirements of the New York Division of Licensing Services, the following course has been approved for 1.0 continuing education credit hours. Course Approval: M15189
744 N Broadway
N Massapequa, NY 11758